Asian Grilled Whole Trout
ASIAN GRILLED WHOLE TROUT:
2 Whole Trout, gutted and scaled if necessary
4 tbsp Soy Sauce
6 tbsp Oyster Sauce
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tsp Crushed Garlic
2 tsp Crushed Ginger
1 Red Chilli, finely chopped
1 tbsp Caster Sugar
½ tsp Black Pepper, crushed
1 tbsp Lime Juice
1. Dry the trout and cut 3 slashes not quite to the bone through both sides of each fish. Lay in an oven proof dish.
2. Mix the remaining ingredients thoroughly.
3. Use the marinade to coat the inside and outside of both fish. Leave in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven 180C.
4. Preheat the grill to high. Place the dish under the grill and grill the fish for 8-10 minutes until blistered and lightly charred.
5. Baste with some of the marinade pooled in the bottom of the dish and transfer to the oven for 5-8 minutes until just cooked through. Serve immediately with rice and steamed greens.
Photo Credit: Richard Budd