Banana Rum Cake: Egg & Butter Free
BANANA RUM CAKE: EGG & BUTTER FREE
90g Spelt Flour
20g Cornflour/ Potato Starch
1 tbsp Chai Spices / Cinnamon/ Nutmeg
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
50g Digestive Biscuits, finely ground
190g Banana, mashed
80g Maple Syrup/ Honey/ Brown Rice Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Cider Vinegar
Half banana, Demerara Sugar, Maple Syrup to decorate.
1. Preheat oven 180C. Grease a 1lb Loaf tin well. Set aside
2. Pour the run over the raisins in a pan, bring to the boil then set aside for at least an hour to infuse.
3. Mix the flours, spices, biscuits, and raising agents in a bowl with a whisk.
4. In a separate bowl, mix the banana, maple, oil, vanilla and vinegar really well with a whisk.
5. Add the dry mix and fold in with a spatula.
6. Add the raisins with their soaking rum and the walnuts and gently fold in.
7. Pour into the prepared tin, top with half a sliced banana and sprinkle generously with demerara sugar.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in the tin, turn out and brush the top with a little more maple while still warm. Cool completely before cutting and devouring!