I don’t celebrate Halloween for my own reasons but since taking up photography, I just can’t help myself become immersed in each season, its colours, flavours, and atmosphere.
So, this is my offering for Halloween, a cocktail, simple to prepare but with all the drama and flair that this season has to offer.
150g Black Sugar Boba
20ml Crème de Cacao Blanc
20ml White Rum
Clementine Tonic to top up
1. Cook the boba in a large pan of boiling water until they float to the surface. Turn the heat to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Allow to steep for 3-4 minutes.
2. Drain in a sieve and rinse in cold water. Set aside in a small jar with a little cold water.
3. Add the Cointreau, crème de cacao and rum to a cocktail shaker with an ice cube and stir with a spoon for 30 seconds until chilled. Pour into a large glass.
4. Top up with tonic and add a couple of spoonful’s of the boba.
5. Serve with a shot of grenadine ‘blood’ for that added drama….