Blueberry, Gogi & Sea Buckthorn Honey Cake: No added fat or refined sugar
Updated: May 20
BLUEBERRY, GOGI & SEA BUCKTHORN HONEY CAKE
3 Eggs, separated
4 tbsp Water
100g Raw Honey/ Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Sea Buckthorn Powder
150g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g Gogi Berries (or any dried Berry)
100g Blueberries (or fruit of your choice)
1. Preheat Oven 180C. Grease and line a 20cm Springform tin and set aside.
2. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks with the salt.
3. Using the same beaters, in a separate bowl, whip the honey and the yolks until pale and very creamy. Beat in the water.
4. Combine the Flour, Baking Powder and Sea Buckthorn Powder in a bowl and add to the yolk mix, fold in before adding a spoonful of the egg whites. Mix this in until combined to loosen the mixture, then gently fold in the rest until only just combined.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle over the dried and fresh fruit.
6. Bake on the middle shelf for 20-22 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. As this cake has a very low fat content be sure not to overbake or it will dry out.
Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely