Move over PSL, nothing says comfort food more than this dish. Whipped up in less than 20 minutes it’s a total crowd pleaser, just don’t tell them you haven’t spent all day in the kitchen…
400g Pappardelle Pasta (bronze cut is best)
120g Unsalted Butter
1 Small Squash (any kind) shredded with a julienne peeler or grated
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
½ Orange, zest & juice
50g Parmesan, freshly grated plus extra to serve
½ tsp Pumpkin Spice Blend
½ tsp Sea Salt
½ tsp Cracked Black Pepper
Crispy Purple Sage to serve
1. Heat a large pan of generously salted water until boiling. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes less than the recommended time, or until al dente.
2. Meanwhile add the butter to a large sauté pan and melt over a low heat. Once melted, turn up the heat and bubble until foamy and the noise subsides.
3. You will notice that the milk solids v=begin to brown and the smell is toasty. At this point, add the garlic, julienne squash, orange juice and zest.
4. Cook, stirring frequently until the squash is soft and everything smells delicious.
5. Add the spice, salt, and pepper.
6. Spoon out 1 ladle of the pasta cooking water and bubble for one minute until thickened a little. add the parmesan and pasta using tongs.
7. Toss the pasta in the sauce until coated and glossy. Taste, adjust the seasoning and divide between 4 bowls.
8. Serve with extra parmesan and crispy sage if liked. Swoon!