Caramelised White Chocolate Miso Ice Cream with Black Sesame Praline.
CARAMELISED WHITE CHOCOLATE MISO ICE CREAM WITH BLACK SESAME PRALINE
250g White Chocolate, in pieces
500ml Whole Milk
140ml Double Cream
60g White Miso
7 Egg Yolks
Black Sesame Praline:
175g Caster Sugar
1 tbsp Water
60g Black Sesame Seeds
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tsp Butter
¼ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1. Start by making the caramelised white chocolate. Preheat the oven 120C. lay the chocolate on a non-stick baking mat and bake for 100 minutes, smoothing the chocolate out with a palette knife every 20 minutes. It will look grainy and seized but bear with it and it will come together.
2. Set aside 90g and save the rest for another recipe.
3. Add the milk, cream and miso to a pan and bring to steaming point. In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar. Pour half the cream mix over the eggs and whisk to combine. Pour this back into the pan with the remaining cream mix and heat, stirring to 80-82C.
4. Once it is cooked and thickened. Pour this mix, through a sieve over the chocolate. Wait 1 minute them whisk to combine. Chill this mixture overnight.
5. The next day churn the custard base in an ice cream machine or pour into a freezer proof container, freeze and whisk every 30 minutes to break up the ice crystals.
6. While the mix is churning, make the brittle by adding the sugar, honey, salt and water to a pan. Heat whilst stirring to form a slurry then add the sesame seeds. Increase the heavy and cook until it reaches 145C.
7. Take the pan off the heat, add the butter and vanilla and whisk to melt. Whisk in the bicarbonate soda and pour onto a tray lined with a non-stick baking mat.
8. Once completely cool, blitz 50g of this mixture to a crumb and add to the ice cream machine towards the end of churning.
9. Serve the ice cream garnished with extra chunks of black sesame praline. Absolutely amazing!!