Cherry, Hazelnut & Finger Lime Financiers
Updated: Aug 30
CHERRY, HAZELNUT & FINGER LIME FINANCIERS
When I was challenged to combine my friend’s 3 favourite flavours in one dish.. it just had to be a financier. Nutty, Sweet & Zingy all in one mouthful, they’re easy to whip up and even easier to eat. Feel free to play around with different nuts, fruit and citrus to make your favourite combination!
190g Unsalted Butter, softened
190g Golden Caster Sugar
190g Ground Hazelnuts
4 Large Eggs Beaten
50g Plain Flour
2 Finger Limes (or 1 Lime) zested
¼ tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
65ml Lime Juice
110g Dried Cherries
30ml Lime Juice
150g Icing Sugar
1. Preheat oven 180C. Grease and lightly flour 12 mini cake moulds.
2. Beat the butter and sugar for 5 minutes until pale, fluffy and the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add ¼ ground hazelnuts, beat and follow with ¼ of the beaten eggs. Continue alternating until both are used up.
4. Mix the flour, zest, baking powder and salt in a bowl and add to the mix. Mix in until combined but be gentle and do not overbeat or your cakes will be chewy. Add the lemon juice then distribute between your moulds.
5. Divide the cherries between the cakes and gently push them in. Not too far as they will sink anyway.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes on the middle shelf or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Cool in the mould for 5 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Mix the icing ingredients until it is thick but pourable and drizzle over.