Mudslides always remind me of my Dad in Jamaica. He befriended a friendly waiter who made him mudslides ‘with Moo’ all night, needless to say he doesn’t remember a thing, Jamaican Mudslides are like The Men in Black….’they won’t let you remember……’
So, this is homage to that, made with Moo and heaps of love, the cherries add that Black Forest twist which makes these more delightful.
40g Dark Chocolate, melted
1 tbsp Maraschino Cherry Syrup
100ml Double Cream
Maraschino Cherries to decorate
Ice to shake and serve
1. Place two glasses in the fridge to chill for at least 4hours.
2. Dip the rim of each glass in the melted chocolate and immediately invert so that drips fall down the sides.
3. Stand at room temperature to set for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile add some ice to a cocktail shaker, along with the remaining ingredients. Shake to combine and thicken slightly.
5. Add some fresh ice cubes to your rimmed glasses, strain over the cocktail, garnish with some extra cherries and forget everything you’ve ever known….