Chicken Noodle Soup can come in so many guises, you can do with it as you wish. But one thing will always remain the same. In so many cultures across the globe, it is the Universal Food for The Soul. Comfort and solace in one big chin dribbling slurp.
500ml Chicken Stock
1 Thumb Ginger, sliced
1 Clove Garlic, sliced
½ Red Chilli, finely sliced
100g Cooked Chicken Meat (ideal leftover from a roast)
100g Edamame Beans
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
3tbsp Rapeseed Oil
Cucumber Ribbons, Lime Juice & Spring Onions to Serve.
1. Begin with the Nasturtium Oil. Add the nasturtiums and oil to a blender and blitz to a puree. Strain through a muslin into a bottle. Don’t be tempted to push the solids through the muslin as this will make your oil cloudy. Set aside.
2. Bring the stock to a simmer with the garlic, chilli and ginger. Add the noodles and cook until just al dente.
3. Add the chicken, peas, edamame and soy and heat through.
4. Remove the ginger, chilli and garlic, taste and adjust the seasoning.
5. Add a splash of nasturtium oil, cucumber and spring onion, sit back and enjoy.