Chocolate, Blackberry & Anise Fudge Cake: Refined Sugar Free.
160g Dark Chocolate
60ml Whole Milk
60ml Double Cream
170g Rapadura/ Coconut Sugar
125g Butter, softened
220g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Ground Star Anise
80g Egg White
Double Cream and Blackberries to finish
1. Preheat Oven 170C. Line a Bundt tin with butter and a light dusting of cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. Make a ganache by heating the milk and cream until steaming. Pour over the dark chocolate and leave for 2 minutes without touching it.
3. Working from the edges inwards, whisk the mixture until just combined, smooth and glossy. Allow to cool a little.
4. Beat the egg whites with 40g of the sugar to stiff, not dry peaks. Set aside.
5. Mix the ganache with 130g of the sugar and then beat in the butter until fluffy. Sift over the flour, baking powder and ground star anise and mix until combined.
6. Take one ‘sacrificial spoon’ of egg whites and use this to loosen the mixture. Then fold in the remaining egg whites in thirds.
7. Carefully transfer to the prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
9. When cold, decorate with whipped cream and berries.