Chocolate, Rye & Olive Oil Easy Vegan Cookies
CHOCOLATE, RYE & OLIVE OIL EASY VEGAN COOKIES
60g Rye Flour
60g Spelt Flour (or use 120g of any wholemeal flour in total)
½ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
½ tsp Fine Salt
100g Unrefined Sugar (Coconut/ Rapadura/ Light Brown)
60g Vegan Dark Chocolate Chips
3 tbsp Plant Milk
3 tbsp Olive Oil
¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry. Keep working until a dough forms, you may need an extra 1-2 tbsp milk, but don’t make the mixture too wet.
4. Pop the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes to allow the dough to firm up. Meanwhile preheat the oven 170C.
5. Roll into 1 tbsp sized balls and lay on a baking tray lined with non stick paper. Lightly flatten each ball with the back of a spoon, not too much, just enough to ease the domed shape.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until beginning to firm at the edges. Remove and cool for 5-10 minutes before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack.
7. Enjoy with a glass of plant milk.