Cinnamon Choc Chunk Reduced Fat Cake
CINNAMON CHOC CHUNK REDUCED FAT CAKE:
70g Butter/ Low Fat Spread
250g Granulated Sugar
3 Eggs, separated
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
350g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tbsp Cinnamon, ground
1 ½ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
½ tsp Salt
200g Mixed Choc Chunks/ Raisins
6 tbsp Demerara Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1. Preheat Oven 175C. Grease and line an 8 x 12 Brownie Tin.
2. For the cake, cream the butter and sugar until soft and fluffy (this will take a while).
3. Beat in the egg yolks and vanilla until smooth. Whisk the flour, cinnamon, raising agents and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients, alternating with the buttermilk, beating between each addition until smooth and silky.
5. In a separate clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks. Gently fold the whites into the batter, using a spoonful first to loosen the mix by beating in.
6. Spoon half the batter into the tin, sprinkle with half the filling ingredients. Gently smooth over the remaining batter and top with the remaining filling ingredients.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes on the middles shelf, or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.