Courgette, Lemon & Poppy Seed Olive Oil Loaf
COURGETTE, LEMON, POPPY SEED OLIVE OIL CAKE
2 Courgettes, coarsely grated
175ml Olive Oil
2 Large Eggs
70g Poppy Seeds
1 tbsp Lemon Extract
330g Plain Flour (or self- raising and exclude the baking powder)
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
1. Preheat Oven 170C. Grease and line a 2lb Loaf Tin with baking paper.
2. Whisk the olive oil and sugar until combined and beginning to dissolve. Beat in the eggs and the mixture will thicken.
3. Fold in the courgettes, poppy seeds and lemon extract until combined.
4. Fold in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and salt then pour into the loaf tin.
5. Bake for 55-60 minutes on the middle shelf or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely.
7. Slice, grill if wanted and serve with butter or homemade jam.