SAY IT WITH A COOKIE! Whether its I love you, I appreciate you or I’m sorry… handing over a warm baked cookie says it all.
Rich, punchy and utterly decadent, keep a batch of these in the freezer to bake on demand…
100g Golden Caster Sugar
100g Light Muscovado Sugar
75g Dark Muscovado Sugar
130g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
2 Eggs, room temperature
1 Lime, zest
4 Black Peppercorns, crushed
200g Plain Flour
80g Organic Cocoa Powder (Dutch Processed)
1 tsp Flaky Salt
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
150g White Chocolate Chips
50g Dark Chocolate Chips
50g Toasted Coconut Flakes
Lime Water Ganache:
130g Dark Chocolate, chopped small
80g Boiling Water
50g Lime Juice
40g Maple Syrup
1. Beat the sugars and the butter in a stand mixer with a paddle attachment for 4-5 minutes or until pale and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds between each addition. Add the lime zest & peppercorns and mix through.
3. Whisk the flour with the cocoa, salt, and bicarbonate soda until homogenous and gently mix through the butter taking care not to overmix.
4. Fold through the chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
5. Weigh into 60g Balls, you will get around 16. Lay on two lined baking sheets, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. This gives the flour a chance to hydrate.
6. When ready, preheat oven 160C. Bake, spaced apart for 15-18 minutes. allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
7. For the ganache, bring the water and lime juice to a boil. Pour over the chopped chocolate and maple and stand for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth then serve. Perfect.