In Moscow they eat ice cream to warm up, its warmer than the air…. So, it seems fitting that as Winter cloaks the land in its icy blanket, we look to icy treats to warm our souls.
Food fuels the body and mind, and there is no better way to kick off the festivities than the icy burn of this Amuse Bouche.
The vodka pour brings it in line with the joy of an affogato, but with the fun of the Holiday season, replace with Vodka for drinkers.
1 kg Piccolo Tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 tbsp Hot Sauce (I use Tabasco)
1 ½ tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
1 tsp Salt
1 Garlic Clove, Minced
1 tsp Horseradish Sauce
100ml Sharp Kombucha/ Vodka to pour
Extra Piccolo Tomatoes, Celery & Thyme to serve
1. Add all ingredients, apart from the kombucha to a blender and pulse to break down. Once broken down, blend until completely smooth.
2. Taste the mixture, remember that freezing will dull the flavour, so you want this to have some bite!
3. Pour into a deep sided tin and freeze for 40 minutes. take a fork and break up the frozen areas around the edges, mashing as you go to form a slush.
4. Pop back in the freezer and repeat every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours until you have a homogenous flaky snow.
5. Divide between 4 glasses and Garnish. Serve, pouring over 25ml of Kombucha at the table.