1 Clove Garlic, Minced
1 Small slice bread, crusts removed, torn into chunks.
Small handful Thyme, parsley & oregano, roughly chopped
4tbsp Olive Oil
½ tsp Salt
Mango Amba Dressing:
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cloves garlic, minced
2 Red Chillies, finely chopped
1 Ripe Mango, finely chopped
½ tsp Cumin, ground
½ tsp Sumac, ground
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp Fenugreek, ground
1 Lemon, juice
40ml Cider Vinegar
1 tsp English Mustard
Cooked Freekeh, Green Vegetables, Olives & Fresh Mango to serve
1. Begin with the dressing. Heat the Oil in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and chillies, turn the heat down and cook gently until softened and smelling fragrant.
2. Add the mango and spices and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the mango begins to break down, mashing with the back of your spoon helps.
3. Add the lemon juice, vinegar water and mustard and continue to cook for 5 minutes. blend in a processor until smooth. Set aside.
4. For the picada, dry roast the pistachios in a small pan until gently toasted. Add 2 tbsp Olive Oil, the garlic and bread and cook 2 minutes or until toasted.
5. Remove from the heat, add the herbs, salt and remaining olive oil and blitz to a breadcrumb paste.
6. Serve with cooked freekeh, green vegetables, olives, and fresh mango, along with the dressing.