IN NATURE, NOTHING IS PERFECT & EVERYTHING IS PERFECT Alice Walker
Wild Garlic Flowers, enough to half fill your sterile jar
Wild Garlic Leaves
Apple Cider Vinegar, with the ‘Mother’
Sterile Mason Jar with lid
1. Pick through your flowers and leaves and ensure they are free of debris.
2. Half fill your sterile jar then top up with vinegar, ensuring all the contents are covered.
3. Give the mixture a stir then cover the jar with baking parchment to protect the lid from corrosion. Top with the lid and seal.
4. Store somewhere cool and dark for one month. Line a sieve with muslin and strain the mixture into a jug. Allow the vinegar to drip through, squeezing the herbs will introduce water, reducing the shelf life of your vinegar.
5. Pour into a sterile bottle and use straight away. This will store in the fridge for 2-3 months.
You can also use Gorse for a Coconut Scented Vinegar, or Forget-Me-Not for a more peppery aroma.