If you’ve always done what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got….
Food for thought. Mix things up, try new ideas. You can never lose, only gain.
This daiquiri is outside the box, but very much in my heart. An absolute favourite of mine.
Please do squeeze fresh limes for this. Bottled lime juice is a total waste of time…
200g Caster Sugar
20cm Ginger, peeled and finely chopped
50ml White Rum
25ml Lime Juice
10ml Ginger Syrup
1. Begin with the syrup. This makes 20 drinks and will store for months in a bottle in the fridge.
2. Add the sugar, water, and ginger to a small pan. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. cover, turn off the heat and cool to room temperature. Strain into a bottle and chill until very cold.
3. When ready, fill a coup glass with ice.
4. Add all the daiquiri ingredients to a Boston shaker with 4 cubes ice. Shake for 30 seconds to chill.
5. Empty the glass of ice and strain the cocktail using a hawthorn strainer. Serve immediately.