Healthier Beetroot, Cardamom & Rye Bundts with Dragonfruit Glaze
110g Thick Full Fat Greek Yogurt
170ml Maple Syrup
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
150g Plain Spelt/ Wheat Flour
50g Dark Rye Flour
50g Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Bicarbonate Soda
½ tsp Cardamom, ground
½ tsp salt
220g Raw Beetroot, grated
2tbsp Blackcurrant Jam, warmed to glaze, mixed with 1 tbsp icing sugar, 1 tsp Milk
8-10 tbsp Icing Sugar (quantity will vary according to your brand of Pitaya Powder)
3-5 tbsp Milk
2 tbsp Pink Pitaya Powder
1. Preheat oven 160C. Grease 10 mini Bundt pans, dust with cocoa and set aside in the fridge.
2. Whisk the yogurt with the maple, milk, eggs and vanilla until homogenous.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the flours, cocoa, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, cardamom and salt.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk in a clockwise direction until only just combined. Fold in the beetroot.
5. Divide the mix between the pans and bake 20-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the pans then turn out onto a wire rack.
6. Whilst the cakes are still warm, heat the jam then stir into the icing sugar and milk. Glaze the warm cakes then allow to cool completely.
7. For the frosting, whisk the icing sugar and pitaya powder until smooth. Slowly add the milk until you get a glaze consistency. Pour over the cooled cakes then allow to set for 5-10 minutes before serving.