Healthy Vegan Florentines: No refined Sugar!
HEALTHY VEGAN FLORENTINES: NO REFINED SUGAR
50g No Sugar Cereal, crushed (I use Shredded Wheat as it is Wholegrain)
100g Mixed Nuts and Seeds, chopped
50g Dried Fruits, chopped if large
2 tbsp Chia seeds
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 tsp Almond Extract
250g Brown Rice Syrup
50g Maple Syrup
100g Dark Chocolate, melted
1. Preheat Oven 180C. Line a baking tray with non stick paper.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
3. Meanwhile heat the syrups in a pan until molten and combined (do not boil) then add in the extracts.
4. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry then use a cookie cutter to shape blobs of the mix on the baking tray. To do this pop the cookie cutter on the tray and spoon some mix inside. Use a slightly wet spoon to pat down the mix and compact it.
5. Bake the Florentines for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden. Remove and leave to cool, they will firm up as they cool. Do not put them on a wire rack as they will stick whilst warm.
6. Once completely cold. Drizzle over the melted chocolate and leave to set. Enjoy!