‘LOVE SOUGHT IS GOOD, BUT GIVEN UNSOUGHT IS BETTER’ William Shakespeare
If you can be anything, be kind.
For one drink:
10ml Jasmine Syrup
30ml Vanilla Vodka
20ml Elderflower Liqueur
10ml Lemon Juice
20ml Apple Juice
Ice to shake, dried apple to garnish
1 tbsp Jasmine Tea Leaves
1 Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped
1. Begin with the syrup so it has time to cool. Add the sugar, water, tea, and vanilla bean, along with the seeds to a small pan. Dissolve over a low heat then increase the heat and bring toa boil.
2. Boil 3-5 minutes then remove and cool to room temperature. Strain through a coffee filter and discard the solids (the spent vanilla pod can be stored with others in vodka to make homemade vanilla extract).
3. Chill the syrup in the fridge.
4. When ready, add all the cocktail ingredients to a Boston shaker with 3 ice cubes.
5. Shake 30 seconds to chill, then strain through a hawthorn strainer into a martini glass. Garnish with dried apple and serve.