What sings more of Summer than a glass, dripping in condensation, filled to the brim with ice cold, crisp lager, and that little zing of lime….
All those summer vibes, wrapped up in a buttery, vanilla pound cake? I’m in, are you?
230g Unsalted Butter, room temperature
250g Golden Caster Sugar
2 Limes, Zest & Juice
4 Large Eggs
250g Plain Flour
¼ tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
150g Icing Sugar
45g Double Cream
1. Preheat oven 170C. Butter and lightly flour a medium sized loaf pan and set in the fridge to chill.
2. Mix the lager with the lime juice and vanilla and set aside.
3. Add the butter, lime zest and sugar to the base of a stand mixer and beat for 5-6 minutes, or until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
4. Mix the flour with the salt and baking powder until homogenous then add ½ of this mixture to the butter mixture. Follow this with half the liquid mixture.
5. Repeat with the flour and the lager mixture, mixing until only just combined (if you overmix your cake will be dense).
6. Transfer to your prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf for 80-85 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
8. When completely cold, whisk the glaze ingredients together until smooth then glaze and decorate with lime zest if liked.