TIME YOU ENJOY WASTING, IS NOT WASTED TIME. We get all too beaten up about having to constantly achieve. Sometimes, taking time out to just ‘be’ is the solace we crave. But it’s often shrouded with guilt.
This is not wasted time, its needed time. Time out from the rat race to refresh and revive. No one can burn the candle at both ends. Time with friends and family is paramount. So, factor some ‘time out’ into your life. Kick back, with a glass of whatever takes your fancy and just ‘be’.
30ml Coffee Liqueur
45ml Irish Cream
1 tsp Culinary Lavender
100ml Double Cream (use 45ml of this in the cocktail)
10ml Violet Syrup
Melted Chocolate/ Chocolate Syrup/ Chocolate shavings/ Lavender Buds to garnish
1. Add the lavender to the cream and pop in the fridge overnight to cold infuse. The next day strain the cream and discard the lavender.
2. Fill a Rocks glass with ice and allow to chill while you make the cocktail.
3. Add the vodka, coffee liqueur, violet syrup, and Irish cream to a Boston shaker with 4 cubes of ice and shake for 30 seconds to combine.
4. Add the 45ml cream and shake 10 seconds more (this prevents the cream from over whipping)
5. Remove the ice from the glass and drizzle with melted chocolate. Strain the cocktail through a hawthorn strainer and garnish with chocolate and culinary lavender. Serve straight away.