I love this recipe, it’s just so versatile. Sometimes I add charred Mackerel, sometimes an egg or even both. But It’s also so delicious piled high with green vegetables, the combinations are endless. The best way? With ALL the toppings….
Feel free to switch the noodles out for Ramen, Udon or Soba, they each add their own flavour and chew factor
270g White Miso
1 tbsp Sake
1 tbsp Mirin
2 tsp Sugar
1 Egg Yolk
2 tbsp Lime Juice
1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
4-6 tbsp Water, depending on how thin you like your sauce
Cooked Noodles and your choice of toppings to serve.
1. Fill a small pan with water to a depth of 3-4cm and bring to a simmer.
2. Place a heat proof bowl over the top and add the miso, sake, mirin, sugar and yolk.
3. Whisk continuously over the heat until the mixture thickens, 3-5 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and whisk in the lime juice, rice vinegar and the water.
5. Toss through your noodles and arrange your desired toppings before serving with extra lime if liked.