Malted Maple Spiced Rum Bundts
Boozy, spicy and a little sticky… these are just perfect served with some Rum laced Custard…just saying!
150g Unsalted Butter
150g Light Muscovado sugar
100g Malt Extract
50g Maple Syrup
100ml Spiced Rum
75ml Whole Milk
230g Plain Flour
2 tbsp Ginger, ground
1 tbsp Cinnamon, ground
Pinch Cloves, ground
1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
Butter & Cocoa for mould preparation
Custard spiked with rum to serve
1. Grease 12 mini bundt moulds (or muffin moulds) and lightly dust with cocoa powder, shaking off the excess. Set aside. Preheat oven 170C.
2. Put the butter, sugar, malt & maple into a saucepan and melt until homogenous. Remove from the heat and whisk in the milk and the rum. Allow to cool a little.
3. Whisk in the eggs and sift over the flour, bicarb and spices, until only just combined, do not overmix.
4. Divide the batter between the moulds until ¾ full. Bake on the middle shelf for 16-18 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack to cool completely, or maybe just dive in whilst piping hot… they are worth the mouth burn!