Amp up your summer BBQ with these fluffy pillows of delight. So simple to make and just perfect for scooping and polishing those plates off!
500g Strong White Bread Flour
7g Fast action Yeast
1 tbsp Nigella Seeds
½ tsp Ground Cumin
½ tsp Fine Salt
1 tbsp Mango Chutney
1 tsp Dried Peppermint
4tbsp Olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
250ml Lukewarm Water
500g Curd or thick Greek Yogurt
1 Cucumber, Cut into Julienne, avoiding the seeds
½ Onion, finely Chopped
¼ tsp Sea Salt
1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
1/2 tsp Nigella seeds
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
Fresh Mint, chiffonade to serve
1. Preheat your BBQ before you begin the dough.
2. Add the flour, yeast, Nigella, cumin, salt & peppermint to the bowl of a stand mixer. In a jug whisk the water, oil, and chutney together.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and bring together to form a shaggy dough. Add the dough hook to the mixer and knead on medium speed for 8-10 minutes, or until you have a smooth, elastic dough. Alternatively, knead by hand for 15 minutes.
4. Shape into a round and leave to prove at room temperature in an oiled bowl, covered with a damp towel. Once doubled in size (usually around 45 minutes) knock back the dough and divide into 4x 200g Balls.
5. Roll each out to an oval about 7-10mm thick.
6. Place a sturdy baking sheet on the BBQ and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until golden, fluffy, and charred in places.
7. For the raita, mix the yogurt with the cucumber, onion, sea salt, chilli & nigella seeds. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, cook 15 seconds or until they begin to pop.
8. Pour the hot oil over the yogurt mixture and swirl through, finally stir through the mint.
9. Serve the flatbreads with mango chutney and homemade raita, scoop to your heart’s content.