MUFFIN MASTER RECIPE
115g melted butter
200g caster sugar
2 Large Eggs, beaten
1 tsp Vanilla extract
100g Greek Yogurt
1 tbsp Baking Powder
½ tsp salt
250g Plain Flour
200g Fruit mixed with 50g Plain Flour
Demerara Sugar for Sprinkling
1. Preheat oven 220C. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Add the melted butter and sugar to the base of a stand mixer and beat on medium high for 5 minutes or until all the sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition to incorporate air.
4. Mix the yogurt with the buttermilk and vanilla and add this, mixing until only just combined.
5. Mix the flour with the baking powder and salt. Mix this in until just combined, a few lumps are fine, overmixing will result in a dense muffin.
6. Mix the fruit with the remaining 50g flour and fold through the batter. Divide between the cases, filling ¾ full and sprinkle with the demerara sugar.
7. Bale for 5 minutes, reduce the temperature to 190C and bake for 15 minutes more. Cool for 15 minutes before devouring.