Mulled Wine Gummi Bears
MULLED WINE GUMMI BEARS
Have a bit of festive fun with this super easy recipe. If you don’t have Gummi Bear Moulds, just use any silicon moulds, little ones for chocolate work well too! Who says adults can’t eat sweeties!
240ml Red Wine
1 Sachet Mulling Spices
100g Golden Caster Sugar
3 tbsp Powdered Gelatine
1. Have your moulds ready on a tray so you can easily transport them to the fridge.
2. Add the mulling spices to a pan with the wine and heat to a simmer. Turn off the heat and add a lid (so the alcohol doesn’t evaporate) and allow to infuse for as long as you like (the longer you infuse, the more intense the flavour).
3. Strain the wine into a clean pan and add the sugar and gelatine. Heat, keeping the temperature low so as not to lose the setting power of the gelatine.
4. Whisk to dissolve them remove from the heat a and pour into a jug.
5. Fill your moulds and pop into the fridge for 4 hours to set. Once ready turn out and store in an airtight container.
6. If you want to sprinkle with sugar, do this just before eating as the sugar will draw the moisture out of the gummi, causing it to go sticky. Have fun!!