TO KNOW EVEN ONE LIFE HAS BREATHED EASIER BECAUSE YOU HAVE LIVED. THIS IS TO HAVE SUCCEEDED. Ralph Waldo Emerson
We set our parameters for success far too high. Take joy from the small things. This is easy to prepare but the effort to reward ratio makes it an outstanding success at any table…
200g Gingersnap Cookies
50g Unsalted Butter, melted
¼ tsp Fine Salt
400g Full Fat Cream Cheese
150g Golden Caster Sugar
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
400g Whipping Cream
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/8 tsp Fine Salt
2 tsp Powdered Gelatine, bloomed in 2 tbsp Water
Fresh Raspberries & Thyme leaves
Store Bought Raspberry Coulis
1. Begin with the base. Grease and line the base of an 8” spring form pan. Add the biscuits to a blender/ food processor and grind to a powder. Mix with the melted butter and salt and press into the base of your pan. Chill while you make the filling.
2. For the filling, bloom the gelatine in cold water then warm slightly in a pan, you must always be able to touch the base of the pan with your finger so don’t get it too hot. Once melted, set aside.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and beat until thickened but just pourable, whipping cream incorporates air to keep this light.
4. Once thickened, mix through the gelatine, and pour onto your base. Shake and tap the pan to distribute evenly then pop in the fridge to set for 6 hours.
5. Once set, transfer to the freezer for 1 hour so make it simple to turn out.
6. Remove from the tin and allow to thaw for 30 minutes. drizzle the top with coulis and decorate with fresh raspberries and thyme before serving.