PEACH & BASIL ROLLS, PEACH SCHNAPPS GLAZE
You want something sweet, sticky, bready and utterly divine? Well these are your go to, they give the perfect amount of fluffy, hair and cheek sticky love! Make them and enjoy!
500g Strong White Bread Flour
15g Caster Sugar
10g Instant Yeast
200ml Water (body temperature)
100ml Whole Milk
45g Butter, room temperature
150g Peach Jam/ Compote
20g Fresh Basil Leaves, chopped
1 tsp Demerara Sugar
155g Icing Sugar
2tbsp Whole Milk
2 tbsp Sour Cream
2 tbsp Peach Schnapps
1. Start with the dough, place the flour salt and sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine.
2. In a jug, mix the yeast, water and milk and stand for 5-10 minutes. Beat the egg into this mixture then add half to the flour.
3. Work the liquid through the flour, then add the butter, followed by the remaining liquid.
4. Using a dough hook (or your hands) knead for 5-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic. This is a wet dough but as long as its stretchy and smooth just go with it.
5. Grease a bowl with oil and place the dough inside, cover and allow to double in size, this should take around an hour depending on the temperature of your kitchen.
6. Once doubled, lightly flour your worktop and turn the dough out. Flatten and roll into a rectangle about 30x32cm in size.
7. Line a skillet pan or baking tin with butter and non-stick paper. Spread the jam across the dough, leaving a small border to allow for ooze. Sprinkle over the basil leaves.
8. Starting from the longer edge, roll the dough up into a log. Using a sharp knife or dental floss, cut the dough into 6 or 12 rolls, depending on the size you want.
9. Arrange in the skillet and cover once again. Allow to prove for 45-60 minutes.
10. Meanwhile preheat oven 205C. Bake the buns for 20 minutes or until risen, golden and cooked through.
11. Remove and make the glaze. To make the glaze, whisk all the ingredients together until smooth. While the buns are still warm, brush liberally with the glaze then allow to cool completely before separating and devouring.