Raspberry & Thyme Granita
When the heat of summer is blazing and even the thought of ice cream is a little too much to quench the thirst. This little delight is your go to. Fresh, zingy and most importantly, brain chillingly cold. The little nutty crunch of pistachio makes it a little more filling, so you can carry on with that work in the garden….
350g Frozen Raspberries, defrosted, or fresh if you have them
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 Sprigs Thyme
50g Pistachios, roasted 15 minutes 160C
1. Add the sugar and water to a small pan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the thyme and allow to cool completely.
2. Remove the thyme and add the lemon juice and raspberries and blend until smooth.
3. Pass through a sieve into a shallow container and pop into the freezer.
4. Starting at the edges, fork up the mixture every 30 minutes until completely frozen and the texture of snow, about 3-4 hours.
5. Meanwhile blitz the pistachios to a crumb.
6. Serve immediately topped with the pistachios and if you’re feeling flash, a splash of cream.