WHY IS IT THAT DURING THE WINTER MONTHS, the majority of the animal kingdom stocks up on fats and calories to provide energy to withstand the colder climes, yet humans decide it is a good time for diets and denial?
It’s something the bewilders need, especially as now Is the time when my appetite is fierce, and I crave comfort. People seem to think that health equates to reduced fats and energy. But calories and fats can be healthy. It just depends on their source.
It’s not about denial, it’s about making the right choice. Deprivation only leads to desire…
This Raw Vegan Torte tastes decadent & unctuous yet comprises a beautiful blend of nutrient dense ingredients, all kept below 40C to maintain enzyme integrity for maximum benefit.
Simple, nutritious, and delicious…
200g Mixed Nuts, activated if possible
200g Dried Dates
50g Maple Syrup
½ tsp Sea salt Flakes
¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Ripe Avocados, peeled and roughly chopped
300g Silken Tofu, drained
2 tsp Rose Water
2 tbsp Raw Cacao
200g Maple Syrup
300g Dark Chocolate (75% or above) Melted
1/8 tsp Sea Salt Flakes
1. Begin with the base, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender/ food processor and pulse until you have a rubble like texture. Wash your blender as you will need it for the filling.
2. Tumble into a lined 8” springform tin and use the back of a glass to flatten out. Pop into the fridge whilst you make the filling.
3. For the filling, add the avocados, tofu, maple & rose water to your blender and blend for 30 seconds or until completely smooth with no lumps.
4. Add the raw cacao and blend again.
5. Finally add the chocolate and sea salt, blend for a further 30 seconds until you have a smooth, glossy, cheesecake batter like texture.
6. Spoon on top of your prepared base and smooth out using an offset spatula.
7. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until fully set.
8. Sprinkle with edible rose petals and serve in slices. Pure decadence