Sour Cherry & Acai Sticky Toffee Loaf: No added fat or refined sugar
Updated: May 20, 2020
SOUR CHERRY & ACAI STICKY TOFFEE LOAF: NO ADDED FAT OR REFINED SUGAR
175g Medjool Dates
9 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
1 tbsp Acai Powder
90g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs, separated
100g Dried Cherries
1. Preheat Oven 180C. Grease and line a small loaf tin. Pour in 3 tbsp of Maple Syrup and set aside.
2. Simmer the dates in a lidded pan with the water for 3-5 minutes until softened. Blend with the vanilla, acai and 6 tbsp Maple Syrup until smooth.
3. Mix in the egg yolks and the flour, along with the dried cherries. Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks and add one ‘sacrificial’ spoon to the yolk mixture and mix thoroughly. Fold in the remaining egg whites and pour the mix into the tin.
4. Cover the tin tightly with foil.
5. Pop the tin in a high sided baking tray and fill this with boiling water so it comes halfway up the tin.
6. Bake on the middle shelf for 1 hour and set aside for 10 minutes to cool. Invert onto a plate and enjoy