Creating is my Catharsis, in a world full of craziness, my goal is to give you each a glimmer of joy through sharing my creations in a world full of craziness, my goal is to give you each a glimmer of joy through sharing my creations.
This is just one Glimmer, rich, earthy, and totally decadent. Make and enjoy.
1-2 Beetroot, thinly sliced (I use a Mandolin)
2 tbsp Honey
180g Beetroot, grated
145ml Rapeseed Oil
60g Thick Full Fat Greek Yogurt
3 Large Eggs
170g Spelt Flour
20g Cocoa Powder
2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Cinnamon, ground
¼ tsp Salt
60g Dried Figs, chopped fine
60g Toasted Pistachios, chopped fine
1. Grease and line an 8” springform tin and wrap the base in foil. Preheat oven 170C.
2. Lay the thinly sliced beetroot in concentric circles on the base of the tin and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the honey.
3. In a jug, whisk the oil, yogurt, and eggs until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt until homogenous.
5. Whisk the wet mixture into the dry in a clockwise motion until only just combined, a few lumps are fine so don’t overmix.
6. Mix in the figs and pistachios and pour over the beetroot lined base of the tin.
7. Bake on the middle shelf for 55-65 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Stand for 15 minutes in the tin before inverting on a wire rack.
8. While still warm, brush the top with the remaining 1 tbsp honey and allow to cool completely before cutting and serving with a steaming cup of tea or coffee.