HOPE IS THS LAST THING EVER LOST.
Cling on to hope, it’s all we have got.
1 Roll, ready rolled Puff Pastry (most brands are now vegan)
1 tbsp Plant Milk
2 tsp Demerara Sugar
200g Frozen Blueberries, defrosted
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Icing Sugar
2 tsp Cornflour, mixed with 2 tsp Water
2 tbsp Elderflower Liqueur, Starlino or St Germain
200ml Whippable Oat Cream
1 Vanilla Pod, seeds scraped
1. Preheat oven 200C. Working from chilled, unroll the pastry and cut out 6 rounds about 10cm Diameter. Using a smaller cutter, cut an indent in the centre, not going all the way through. Brush with plant milk and freeze 10 minutes.
2. Brush with plant milk again, sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden. Allow to cool then store in an airtight container.
3. For the compote, add the blueberries, lemon juice and sugar to a small pan. Bring to a simmer and stir until some begin to burst. Add the cornflour mixture and bubble 1-2 minutes or until thickened slightly. Add the elderflower liqueur and remove from the heat. Taste the mixture and adjust to your liking. Cool with the surface covered in cling film.
4. When ready, carefully remove the indented centre of your pastries with a sharp knife. Press down to create a hole inside.
5. Whip the cream and vanilla seeds to medium peaks, so it slumps like a duvet. Fill the holes, top with the compote, and serve immediately