VEGAN CHOCOCOLATE, CHERRY BLOSSOM GIN BUNDT
225g Plain Flour
130g Light Brown Muscovado
70g Caster Sugar
75g Cocoa Powder
3 tsp Baking Powder
50g Cherry Blossom syrup (if you haven’t made this use vanilla sugar syrup)
50ml Olive Oil
1 tsp Espresso Powder
90g Dark Chocolate, in small chunks
Cherry Syrup to drizzle
1. Preheat Oven 170C. Grease and line a Bundt tin with cocoa powder. Set aside.
2. Mix the sugars, cocoa, flour, baking powder, salt, espresso and pepper in a large bowl with a whisk. Make sure everything is evenly distributed and homogenous throughout.
3. In a jug, whisk the Cherryade, gin, syrup and olive oil.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients and whisk the mixture clockwise from the centre until just combined. Do not overmix and do not change the direction of the whisk or else you will end up with lumps.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
6. Invert the tin onto a wire rack and leave upside down for 10 minutes (with Bundt tins this helps them to release)
7. Release the cake and allow to cool completely.
8. Drizzle with cherry syrup and serve