If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.
It feels as if the community here is going through a shift, myself included. So many of us are so downtrodden by social media, that we begin to question our value and ability.
Take a rest, immerse yourself in nature, friends and all things that bring you joy. Your worth is not dependent on an algorithm.
4 tbsp Sugar
150ml Boiled Water
1 tbsp Jasmine Tea Leaves
60ml Espresso, cooled
20ml Jasmine Syrup
200ml Coconut Milk
Ice to serve
1. Begin with the syrup so it has time to cool. Brew the tea leaves in the boiled water for 5 minutes. Strain and discard the leaves.
2. Sprinkle the sugar in a even layer into a dry pan and heat over a low heat until melted. It is important not to stir the sugar or it will crystallise. Instead, gently swirl the pan.
3. Once melted, increase the heat and bubble until it turns a rich amber in colour. Remove from the heat and pour ove the tea, be careful as it will splutter!
4. Whisk until smooth, if it clumps, pop back over the heat until melted again.
5. Cool to room temperature then pop into the fridge to chill.
6. When ready, fill a glass with ice, pour over the coffee, syrup, and milk, give it a stir, and serve. Sit back, relax, and listen to the sound of nature.