Vegan White Soy Caramel Brownies
VEGAN WHITE SOY CARAMEL BROWNIES
170g Brown Sugar
65g Vegan Butter/ Margarine
4 tbsp White Soy
3 tbsp Plant Milk
1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
250g Plain Flour
350g Demerara Sugar
65g Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
100g Vegan Chocolate Chips
1. For the Caramel, put the butter and sugar in a pan over a medium heat and stir until dissolved. Add the soy, milk and vanilla and bring up to the boil. Boil 3-5 minutes or until thickened, pour into a jug and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven 180C, grease and line a 9x9” tin.
3. Mix the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder & salt in a bowl with a whisk. In a jug mix the water, oil and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix to just combine (do not overmix). Add the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared tin.
5. Drizzle over the caramel and swirl with a skewer.
6. Bake on the middle shelf for 25 minutes, remove and cool completely in the tin.
7. Remove and slice into huge chunks and devour!