Veggie Pizza Nuggets
VEGGIE PIZZA NUGGETS
600g Sweet Potato, microwaved in skins
120g Cheese, grated
150g Peppers, finely chopped
50g Butter, melted
½ tsp Oregano, Paprika, Onion Flakes
1. Cut the potatoes in half and spoon the flesh into a large bowl (the skin can be kept and crisped in the oven as a snack).
2. Add the cheese, sweetcorn, peppers, dried herbs and 2tbsp breadcrumbs to the bowl.
3. With your hands, mash the ingredients together to form a chunky paste.
4. With clean hands, form into balls and place onto a lined baking tray. Flatten slightly into nugget shapes.
5. Brush each nugget with a little melted butter and sprinkle over the breadcrumbs, patting them in.
6. Turn the nuggets and repeat on the other side.
7. Pop in the fridge to firm up for at least an hour. Meanwhile preheat the oven 180C.
8. When ready cook the nuggets for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
9. Leave to cool and firm a little for 5-10 minutes before serving. These don’t contain egg so they can be made vegan so they are a little fragile.
10. As with all good pizza, these are great cold for breakfast the next day!